Ocean Photography Experience with Warren Keelan & Russell Ord: NSW Mid-North Coast
Join Tracks Magazine Senior photographer Russell Ord & multi international award winning seascape and ocean photographer Warren Keelan, for a very unique 3-day ocean, textures, surf & lifestyle photographic experience at Mobys Beachside Retreat located at Boomerang Beach in Pacific Palms NSW.
This 2 1/2 day Photo Experience consists of daily photo shoots with multiple water sessions capturing artistic textures, documenting a pro surfer, basic watermanship, post-production and editing. This is a comprehensive ocean photographic experience for anyone looking to develop their ocean and lifestyle photography. You will be mentored by two of the most experienced and talented ocean photographers in the world while staying at the Mobys Retreat at Pacific Palms, a hidden jewel on the dazzling Mid-north Coast.
Due to the great response a second running of the experience has been added from 9th to 11th November.
- 16th to 18th Nov 2018 ( Sold Out )
- 9th to 11th Nov 2018
Where: Pacific Palms, Boomerang Beach NSW - Moby's Retreat
- Mobys Beachside Retreat is located at Boomerang Beach in Pacific Palms, 90 minutes north of Newcastle and an easy 3.5 hour drive from Sydney
- Digital photography
- Understanding your surroundings and environment
- Practical skills
- Basic Watermanship
- Client service
- Future projects
- Image critique sessions
- Working with athletes and talent
- Post-production and editing
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Water housing (if you don’t have a housing advise Vagabond Photographic and we will assist)
- Laptop with lightroom editing software (However not compulsory)
- Wetsuit & Fins
This is a predominantly water-based experience so it is ideal that you are comfortable spending time in and around the ocean.
- Ocean, Textures & Lifestyle photography workshop – 2 1/2 days
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Moby's Retreat in a triple share Beach House with your own private room. Each beach house has a fully equipped kitchen. There is the option to stay in your own Beach House for an additional fee of $250.00
- Airfares/ Transport to and from Blueys Beach - Moby's Retreat
- Meals and beverages
About Moby's Retreat
The workshop will be based at Boomerang Beach Moby's Resort. A short drive to more than 20 beaches in the Great Lakes/Pacific Palms area on the Mid-North Coast.
The retreat has it's own -
- Restaurant & Bar
- Heated Swimming Pool & Spa
- Children’s playground
- Day Spa & Gym
All of the beach houses have the following facilities:
- Self-Contained kitchen/dining/living area
- Timber floors and contemporary décor
- One or more bathrooms
- Private laundry facilities
- Covered deck with outdoor furniture
- Foxtel movies & sport
- Free parking
- Outdoor shower (for washing off the salt & sand)
- Lockable outdoor storage cupboard
About your creative guides
From Rugby League player and Fireman to award-winning Ocean and Lifestyle photographer, Russell Ord found his passion through adventure and the discovery of the untouched/unseen wilderness.
Based in Waipu Cove NZ, Russell’s photos blend the environment with real life story telling, his work has been published in magazines and books throughout the world, was awarded the 2016 IPA International Sports Photographer Of the Year at the prestigious Lucie Awards and exhibited in Germany at Photokina 2016 and Tokyo Japan 2017 for FujiFilm.
His life and work has been the subject of the documentary “One Shot” which was broadcasted nationally by the ABC in a seven-part art series and internationally through Film festivals and Garage Entertainment. (www.oneshotdoco.com)
“Its more than just moments in time, it’s about the connection with people and the environment, creating content that reflects this very essence” – Russell Ord.
Warren is a Multi International Award winning seascape and ocean photographer spending most of his days alongside or within the ocean, interpreting what he sees through the medium of digital photography.
Waz has forever had a fascination with nature, especially the ocean and its ever-changing forms, and articulates compels himself to capture and share what he feel are special and unique moments in the sea. Loving the raw, unpredictable nature of water in motion and the way sunlight brings it all to life, from both above and below the surface. Warren sees the challenge is creating an image that hopefully tells a story or leaves an impression on the viewer.
Payment and terms
- Balance of payment due 45 days prior to photo experience
- A 2.9% transaction surcharge is incurred for payment via credit cards
- A 4% transaction surcharge is incurred for payment via PayPal
More information and detailed itinerary upon request - firstname.lastname@example.org