Patagonia Women's R1 Yulex Back Zip Full Suit
Now made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility, our neoprene-free Yulex® wetsuits are made of stretchy 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same warmth and performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process.
Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, we blend the natural rubber with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance, and meet our rigorous standards for strength, stretch and durability. Patterned for maximum flexibility and an improved fit, the R1® Yulex® Back-Zip Full Suit is 3mm in the torso and thighs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid; 2.5mm in the arms and legs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester jersey; the face fabric is 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex.
The face fabric and lining are now solution dyed—using 86% less water than conventional dyeing—and are laminated with water-based AquaA™ glue that’s free from harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The suit’s center-back zip allows easy access and has an internal gasket to prevent water entry. Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs provide excellent abrasion resistance and increased durability. 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped. Easy-access key loop included. Suggested water temperatures: 60–65° F/16–18° C.
- Torso/thighs: 3mm 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid.
- Arms/legs: 2.5mm 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
- Exterior face: 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex.
- Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn